To our ROCS community,
Thank you to everyone who was able to join for last night’s virtual board meeting. For those who were not, we wanted to share a few key takeaways:
(1) We have an urgent and ongoing need for instructional assistants and substitute teachers. If you know anyone who might be interested, please spread the word!
(2) Ms. Jackson spoke for the administrative team about parameters for when and how we close the school on days when too many staff are absent (due to quarantine, isolation, or any other personal or health-related reason). This year, we cannot immediately switch to ‘remote learning days,’ like we did last year, so it’s important that we understand our limitations and respond appropriately to keep students safe and keep them learning.
(3) We heard some great, in-depth updates from the Parent Circle that showed the importance of financial donations from parents and how your dollars support the staff and school.
(4) We voted to continue our current mask policy.
(5) Good news! We are in the due diligence period on a parcel of land for construction of a permanent facility! Unfortunately, we are not allowed to share details until the due diligence period is complete. We will share the location with our community as soon as we are allowed.
(6) We continue to look for affordable temporary space for the 22-23 school year. If any members of the community have any connections with local churches or are aware of commercial real estate for lease, we would appreciate your support.
(7) No school on Monday! It’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day! And next Friday (the 21st) is an early release day.
We hope that each of you have a restful, restorative weekend.
The ROCS Board of Directors