Within our larger Parent Circle, we have five committees that are each responsible for certain projects during the school year. Wondering which committee is the best fit for your skills and interests? Here are some examples of the projects each committee plans and executes.
- Heads: organizes events around parent education, larger community-based volunteer opportunities, coordinates food pantry for students and lost and found monthly organization and donation.
- Hearts: organizes staff luncheons during teacher work days, the PC craft group, staff gifts, teacher appreciation week and birthdays, and meet-ups for families including playdates and an end-of-year celebration.
- Hands: facilitates volunteer efforts related to general upkeep of the school building, grounds and playground.
- Fundraising: organizes activities (possibly to include book markets, craft markets and other organized fundraisers) to collect funds sufficient to support the work of Parent Circle.
- Room Parents: Room Parents (as nominated by the PC and approved by the Principal) work directly with the teacher in their child’s class to provide support, logistical assistance and communication with families of children in the same class.
This is a non-comprehensive and evolving list of books, websites, podcast and other resources that may interest parents. These resources are provided for deeper research and understanding into Waldorf and Public Waldorf education and may include some controversial aspects Waldorf’s history. Raleigh Oak Charter School and Parent Circle are committed to combining the best parts of Waldorf and public school education and inclusion of a resource here does not mean that all ideas within that resource are espoused by ROCS or Parent Circle.
Alliance for Public Waldorf Education:
A+ Schools of North Carolina:
Simplicity Parenting and other works by Kim John Payne
School as a Journey by Torrin Finser
Transformational Teaching: Waldorf Inspired Methods in the Public School by Dr. Mary Goral
We meet the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm in the Multipurpose Room at ROCS. We will also accommodate virtual attendance via Google Meet to allow as many families to participate as possible. These meetings are informal and we welcome parent input and feedback. Click here to join virtually: http://meet.google.com/tai-vksq-ffx
Past Meeting Minutes and Recordings can be viewed here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OeQXe17obZZCxzsw8gIigGy8wh-yQYXW?usp=sharing
All funds received through the channels below go directly to supporting our school and its staff. Some examples of how we use these funds are: providing mini-grants to our incredible staff, purchasing items for the student food pantry, providing lunches for the staff during professional development and purchasing items needed by the school.
- Donate via PayPal: paypal.me/ROCSPC
- Donate monthly via Patreon
- Buy a magnet: you know you want a cute little squirrel on your fridge or bumper! Magnets are $5 each or 2 for $10 and are available in the front office.
- Buy some great ROCS spirit wear here: http://rocs.frolab.com/store/
- Participate in Spirit Nights: We try to have a Spirit Night event at a local restaurant or other business monthly. These are a great way to support our school while having fun, building community, and letting someone else make dinner!