To our ROCS community,
We wanted to share a few of the key takeaways from the February 2nd virtual board meeting:
(1) We have had a great response to our call for instructional assistants and substitute teachers, so thank you to our community for spreading the word. Please continue to do so!
(2) Our 2022-2023 school calendar has been approved, so be on the lookout for details to be added to our website soon. We also wanted to make the community aware of some updates made to the 2021-2022 calendar due to the need for two makeup days. June 13th will now be a full day of school and June 14th will be a half day.
(3) This year’s lottery has now closed, but we continue to accept waitlist applications. The lottery will be held next Tuesday, February 8 at 6pm. The public may attend virtually.
(4) We are still in the due diligence phase for our permanent facility. We empathize with the community’s desire to know more details about our permanent home, and we promise we can’t wait to share the news with you as soon as we are able. Relatedly, we want to clarify that for the 2022-2023 school year, we will remain at 9400 Forum Drive.
(5) The Parent Circle has new Fundraising Committee representatives and an interim Hands Committee lead. We want to give big thanks to Stephanie Goodman and Cheyenne Levinson for stepping up to support our school.
(6) We’ve heard there may be some anxiety within our community regarding staff turnover. We recognize that ROCS is not the only educational institution dealing with high levels of attrition, but we want to assure you that our extremely capable administrative team is confident in their plan to ensure a seamless educational experience for all ROCS students.
(7) A local Eagle Scout project kicks off this weekend to build a Gaga Pit. Get excited!
Thanks for all of your ongoing support.
The ROCS Board of Directors