We’re closing in on the final stretch here, ROCStars! I know this is a crazy time of year, but please check out the following announcements from Parent Circle to stay up to date on what’s happening at school!
- Spirit Night at Adventure Landing: On Thursday, May 25th, Parent Circle will be hosting a Spirit Night (or late afternoon) at Adventure Landing. For $15, guests can enjoy unlimited go-karts, mini golf and laser tag, with $5 from each admission benefiting Parent Circle. This event will start right after school and run from 4:15-6:15pm. Come join the fun at 3311 Capital Blvd. in Raleigh, 27604!
- Volunteers Needed for EOG Hallway/Restroom Monitors: As we begin End of Grade (EOG) testing, we are in need of volunteers to help monitor and escort students through the hallway and to the restroom. Testing starts on May 26th and goes until June 9th. Are you able to volunteer one or more of your mornings to help? Volunteers need to have a current background check on record at the school office and be able to commit to being at the school from 8:45 AM to 12:00 PM on the days they volunteer. Volunteers should wear comfortable clothes and shoes as you may be standing and/or walking much of the time. If you have any questions, please reach out to Ms. Patrick at email@example.com. Please fill out the form if you are willing and able to volunteer!EOG Hallway/Bathroom Monitor Volunteer Form
- Parent Circle Elections: Pretty please consider joining Parent Circle’s leadership team next year. We are especially in need of a Co-Chair and a Fundraising Lead! Information and application are here. Nominations are due by 11:59pm on Friday, May 26th.
- Playground Donations: If you so generously donated any of the items on the current playground (such as the boats, tunnels, and raised garden beds) and would like those items back prior to the move, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to pick them up by June 1st. After June 1st, items that are not traveling to Sumner Boulevard will be offered to the wider ROCS community.
- Family Night Out: Finally, in lieu of a formal June Parent Circle Meeting, we will be hosting a Night Out at Sneaky Penguin Brewing on Tuesday, June 6th. Join us any time after 4:00pm for a drink and socializing. New families are welcome, too! As a bonus, 10% of purchases will be donated to Parent Circle! This location is family and dog friendly (please bring me all of the puppies!).
Have a great week!