OUR COVID PLAN
Following guidance as outlined by The Strong Schools NC Toolkit and the NC Department of Health and Human Service; our model will be executed as follows:
- Students will return to face-to-face instruction.
- Morning carpool will operate from 8:30-9:00.
- Instructional time will be from 9:00-3:15.
- Afternoon carpool will begin at 3:15. All students should be picked up by 3:45
- ROCS will require face masks while indoors for all staff and students Grades K-7 as strongly recommended per DHHS, CDC, and the Strong Schools NC Toolkit.
- Masks are optional while outdoors.
- Students must plan to wear a mask while indoors. Students who do not comply with this requirement will be sent home. Face masks should be school appropriate (i.e. no inappropriate images or language).
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Custodial staff will be available during the school day to sanitize high touch surfaces.
- Provide hand sanitizer at every building entrance and exit and within every classroom. Supervision of student use of hand sanitizer will be implemented.
- Incorporate frequent hand washing and sanitation breaks into classroom activity.
- ROCS will utilize social distancing when possible.
- Times that students may visit bathrooms will be staggered to allow for less students in at one time.
- Students will not be denied access to the restroom, though we will limit the number of students in the restroom at one time.
- Lunch will be eaten in the classroom.
- Students will not be permitted to talk during indoor lunch time.
- With access to 18 picnic tables, and open space on our campus for picnic opportunities, classes are encouraged to eat lunch outdoors when weather permits.
- Students should bring all necessary utensils for lunch and snack.
- Water fountains will be closed for use. No touch bottle fillers will be available for student use.
- No field trips or assemblies will take place until further notice.
- Doors of the school will be designated as entrances and exits.
- Use of woodwind instruments and singing may occur outdoors.
- When singing occurs indoors, students will be masked and 6 feet apart.
- Additional outdoor time has been built into the master schedule allowing for classes and students to be outdoors multiple times a day.
Protocol For Handling Suspected, Presumptive or Confirmed Cases of COVID-19
- ROCS will post signage at the main entrance requesting that people who have been symptomatic with fever and/or cough not enter.
- Our campus will establish a dedicated space for symptomatic individuals.
- ROCS will immediately isolate any symptomatic individual(s) who is sick with fever and/or exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, to the designated area at the school, and send them home to isolate and
- Ensure symptomatic student(s) remain under visual supervision of a staff member who is at least 6 feet away. The supervising adult should wear a cloth face covering or a surgical mask.
- Require the symptomatic person to wear a cloth face covering or a surgical mask while waiting to leave the facility.
- Delegated school staff who provide direct patient care to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform hand hygiene after removing PPE.
- Implement cleaning and disinfecting procedures following CDC guidelines.
- All related students or faculty/staff members living in the same house, will also be sent home.
- ROCS will adhere to the isolation and quarantine protocols outlined in the StrongSchoolsNC Toolkit.
- ROCS will notify local health authorities of confirmed COVID-19 cases among children and staff (as required by NCGS § 130A-136).
- ROCS will ensure that if a person with COVID-19 was in the school setting while infectious, school administrators coordinate with local health officials to notify staff and families while maintaining confidentiality in accordance with FERPA, NCGS § 130A-143, and all other state and federal laws.
- ROCS will provide instructional packets for students unable to be at school due to Covid-19 illness or exposure.
- Access to ROCS campus will be limited due to building capacity.