Responsibilities for Substitute Teacher:
- Implement teacher’s lesson plans and instructions as directed by the absent teacher, or consult with the curriculum team if lesson plan is not provided.
- Maintain a clean, respectful, and orderly classroom, and follow classroom and school procedures as directed by the school.
- Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular teacher at the end of the teaching day.
- Communicate in a friendly and positive manner towards parents, students, and administrators.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Keep records on attendance, accidents and incidents.
- Protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Ensure the safety of students at all times.
Qualifications for Substitute Teacher:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid teaching credential preferred.
- Experience working with children and students preferred.
- Ability to communicate comfortably (written and orally) with students, parents/guardians, administrators, and others.
- Ability to follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and lifting of up to approximately 30 pounds may be required
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Substitute Pay Rate:
Inactive License/Unlicensed: $75/day
Active License: $100/day
Please send a current resume and three references to Laura Walters via firstname.lastname@example.org.