Hello ROCS community,
Big thanks to those of you who were able to join for last evening’s meeting. For those who were not, we wanted to share a few key takeaways:
(1) The school has an immediate need to replace the fence along the back playground. So, stay tuned for a call for volunteers!
(2) The administration team reported that the back background has a new fort structure and they are working in phases to make additional upgrades, including swing bays.
(3) The school is in the process of installing new partitions in the boys’ bathroom and fixing doors/locks in the girls’ bathroom.
(4) Our enrollment lottery for the 2022-23 school year opens on October 1st.
(5) Per state bill, we are required to vote at least once a month on whether our face covering policy should be modified. In keeping with guidance from NCDHHS and the NC Strong Schools Toolkit, the board voted to maintain our current mask requirement. The board will vote on this issue every month. Unless you hear from the administration, it is safe to assume our mask requirement will stay in place for the foreseeable future.
(6) Board member Will Gholston was voted on as Treasurer, taking over those responsibilities from current board Chair Jeremy Altfeder.
(7) The Board approved new bylaws based on a template provided by our legal counsel.
(8) Permanent facilities conversations are still underway, but we do not currently have any news that we are able to report. Once we are under contract, we’ll be able to communicate more specifics and will do so ASAP.
(9) Next Friday, September 24th is an early release day.
(10) The chickens are back!
The ROCS Board of Directors