To our ROCS community,
Thank you to everyone who was able to join for last night’s virtual board meeting. For those who were not, we wanted to share a few key takeaways:
(1) Board members will soon begin robust training on organization-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as part of our ongoing commitment to an inclusive culture and community.
(2) We heard a great, in-depth report from Charter Success Partners (the team that leads our payroll, report card systems, and more) on our current financials. In brief, the school is in good financial health.
(3) Ms. Dawson and the administration team reported on our 2022-23 enrollment lottery, exciting updates to the Occupational Therapy room, Public Waldorf units the students are currently engaged in, and conscious discipline and A+ topics that the staff is learning in professional development.
(4) We are still in the due diligence period on a parcel of land for construction of a permanent facility. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to share details until the due diligence period is complete. We will share the location with our community as soon as we are allowed. Note that we will remain at 9400 Forum Drive for the 2022-23 school year.
(5) We approved an updated face mask policy that will make masks optional for all staff and students, beginning next Monday, March 7, 2022.
We hope this policy change gives you the opportunity to decide for yourself what makes you feel safe and comfortable in the school building. At the same time, we want to emphasize that, if you do choose to wear a mask, we recommend choosing a high-quality respiratory mask, such as a N95 or KN95 when possible. The board is working alongside the administration team to make sure there are enough of these high-quality masks available for free to all staff and students who want to wear them while at school. We also want to reinforce that there are many reasons why an individual may or may not choose to wear a mask, and we expect every member of our school community to be respectful and supportive of other people’s decisions.
We hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. With gratitude,
The ROCS Board of Directors