Dear ROCS Parents,
We’re rolling along with plenty to keep us busy, and plenty to look forward to at ROCS. Quarter 2 is already behind us, and it won’t be long before we begin planting our Spring flowers and vegetables.
Looking ahead to February and beyond, I have lots of info to share:
- Enrollment: It’s enrollment season, which means we are working hard to bring new families into the ROCS community. We have volunteers who are posting flyers, and will soon be seeing yard signs popping up around town. We welcome any promotional support you can provide!
- Current ROCS students do not need to re-enroll through the lottery; however, if you would like to enroll a sibling, they will need to be entered into the lottery. Siblings are given priority in the lottery.
- Current families will receive Letters of Intent for returning to ROCS sometime after the lottery is closed.
- Winter Faire (February 16th 5:00-8:00pm) : Please join us for our Winter Faire to support artists and students that are selling handcrafted goods and art. We will have a variety of vendors, food trucks, and performances. Some activities available will include interactive poetry, fairy hair, massage, and a family photo booth. Along with supporting local artists, you will have a chance to support students raising money for field trips and supplies. We hope to see you there!
- February 16th: Reminder that 2/16 is an early dismissal day (1:00). It is also listed as a teacher workday, but that only applies to teachers after the dismissal. Also, don’t forget that Monday 2/19 is a holiday.
- Severe Weather: ROCS follows Wake County Public Schools’ closures for severe weather. We will confirm our closure through various media, but when WCPSS closes all schools, that will signal ROCS being closed in the same timeframe, i.e. late start, early dismissal, or full day.
- Carpool safety: Please do not go around stopped cars that have open doors on the street side of their vehicle. As always, please otherwise exercise caution while in carpool, and refrain from bypassing the line.
- Birthdays: We love celebrating our students’ special day, but to minimize the impact on instruction and meet diverse dietary needs, we ask that parents not come to classes to “host” a party. If you would like to provide a small snack for a class to celebrate your child’s birthday, please drop off pre-packaged treats with labeled ingredients at the office.
Thank you ROCS families for your continued support. We’re looking forward to an exciting Spring at ROCS, and to many exciting changes in the upcoming year.